Sealing and repair tape with a clear finish that leaves no residue and is removable.
Tenacious Tape by Gear Aid is an all-purpose, weatherproof repair tape that fixes rips, holes and gashes in almost all of your outdoor gear. It stays put no matter what Mother Nature dishes out and leaves no sticky mess.
Wait 24 hours after application and you can machine wash or put it in the dryer without worrying that the repair tape will peel off.
Toss Tenacious Tape in your outdoor gear kit for a little extra peace of mind. Repairs camping gear, sleeping bags and pads, tents, clothing, vinyl rafts, down jackets—whatever needs a quick patch, so you can stay outside.
- Machine washable
- Lightweight and Compact
- Ultra-strong repair tape with aggressive adhesive
- Tape can be moved or repositioned within 24 hours without leaving behind a sticky residue
- Makes quick, in-field repairs to rips, tears and holes in outdoor gear
- Sticks to almost any surface without leaving a sticky residue
- Provides nearly invisible repairs
- Instantly seals leaking seams and stops rips from spreading
- Acts as an abrasion-resistant shield on high-wear areas
- Long lasting
- Can be used on silnylon for a temporary emergency field repair
- Weight: tbc
- Dimensions: Length 50 cm x Width 7.5 cm / 19.7 in x 2.9 in
- Roll size: 375 sq. cm / 60 sq. in
- Colour: Clear (Clear tape utilises PVC)
- Brand: Gear Aid (previously McNett)
Directions for Use
- Clean and dry area to be repaired. Trim loose threads. Join torn edges of the material.
- For smaller repairs, cut tape for appropriate size, allowing overlap of repair of at least 25mm in all directions.
- Round the edges of the tape with scissors for best adhesion.
- Remove paper backing and apply to the damaged area over a hard, flat surface. May be applied to the outside surface or inside surface depending upon cosmetic preference, or both sides for the highest performance repair.
- After applying, rub with pressure using circular motion from the centre out. Item may be used immediately. Adhesive reaches full strength in 24 hours.
Storage & Care
- Store unused portion of the tape in a sealed plastic bag or the available storage tube.
- Tenacious Tape is washable. Do not dry clean.